What features are required?

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I get this error when trying to create a healthcare scorecard site:

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The site template requires that the Feature {8581a8a7-cf16-4770-ac54-260265ddb0b2} be installed in the farm or site collection.  
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.ThrowSPExceptionWithTraceTag(UInt32 tagId, ULSCat traceCategory, String resourceId, Object[] resourceArgs)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeatures(XmlNodeList xmlNodeFeatures, SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb, Boolean checkIsFeatureActivatedInSiteCollection)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeaturesInWebTemplate(SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.LoadFeatureWebTemplateContent(SPFeatureWebTemplate featureWebTemplate)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickerUtil.ApplyWebTemplateAndRedirect(SPWeb Web, String strWebTemplate, Nullable`1 bSharedNav, Boolean bOnTopNav, Boolean bOnQuickLaunch, Page page, Boolean bDeleteOnError)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickPage.BtnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Me too ... I'm trying to install the asset tracking on Foundation 2010, and getting:

The site template requires that the Feature {2acf27a5-f703-4277-9f5d-4d70110b18b} be installed in the farm or site collection

The details here on codeplex say this is compatible with Foundation, but ...

In the zip file I downloaded there's a readme that says the following:

Make sure that the following "Site Collection Features" are activated: 
 - SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features
 - SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure
 - Sharepoint 2007 workflows

Make sure that the following "Site Features" are activated: 
 - SharePoint Server Standard Site features
 - SharePoint Server Publishing

Apr 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM
rboy wrote:

Me too ... I'm trying to install the asset tracking on Foundation 2010, and getting:

The site template requires that the Feature {2acf27a5-f703-4277-9f5d-4d70110b18b} be installed in the farm or site collection

The details here on codeplex say this is compatible with Foundation, but ...

In the zip file I downloaded there's a readme that says the following:

Make sure that the following "Site Collection Features" are activated: 
 - SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection features
 - SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure
 - Sharepoint 2007 workflows

Make sure that the following "Site Features" are activated: 
 - SharePoint Server Standard Site features
 - SharePoint Server Publishing

Me too.  You get a solution yet from the author of this solution?  -Thx.

Jul 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM
alankrobertson wrote:

I get this error when trying to create a healthcare scorecard site:

Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: The site template requires that the Feature {8581a8a7-cf16-4770-ac54-260265ddb0b2} be installed in the farm or site collection.  
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SPUtility.ThrowSPExceptionWithTraceTag(UInt32 tagId, ULSCat traceCategory, String resourceId, Object[] resourceArgs)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeatures(XmlNodeList xmlNodeFeatures, SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb, Boolean checkIsFeatureActivatedInSiteCollection)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWebTemplateElement.VerifyFeaturesInWebTemplate(SPWeb applyTemplateToThisWeb)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.LoadFeatureWebTemplateContent(SPFeatureWebTemplate featureWebTemplate)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPWeb.ApplyWebTemplate(String strWebTemplate)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickerUtil.ApplyWebTemplateAndRedirect(SPWeb Web, String strWebTemplate, Nullable`1 bSharedNav, Boolean bOnTopNav, Boolean bOnQuickLaunch, Page page, Boolean bDeleteOnError)   
 at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.TemplatePickPage.BtnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)   
 at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)   
 at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Start the SharePoint 2010 Mangement Shell and run Get-SPFeature 8581a8a7-cf16-4770-ac54-260265ddb0b2 to identify the missing feature. 

Then run  (for example: "Enable-SPFeature -Identity Publishing").